Bboxx launches a new brand to speed up clean energy deployment in off-grid communities

Bboxx, a next-generation utility, has launched Flexx by Bboxx, a new brand offering entry-level clean energy products to millions of people at the bottom of the energy pyramid. Flexx by Bboxx will bring new and reliable products to market that are affordable, accessible, and flexible, getting millions more people onto the energy ladder.

As part of the launch, Bboxx announced two new solar energy products that will add to their existing roster of clean energy, clean cooking, mobile technology, and accessible finance solutions:

  • Flexx10 is an affordable "plug and play" portable solar lantern, designed for rural customers and those who are mobile. The product is also capable of charging mobile phones. Flexx10 is an upfront cash sales product.
  • Flexx40 is a Pay-As-You-Go token-based multi-light solar system, designed for rural customers at the bottom of the energy pyramid, with a demand for lighting applications and mobile phone charging. The system comes with dimmable LED light bulbs, allowing customers to have more control over their energy usage.

Both new products are designed to minimize lifetime costs and include features that reduce maintenance and service requirements. All Bboxx's systems run on its comprehensive management platform Bboxx Pulse®, enabling clean energy access to be scaled to places previously considered too expensive or difficult to reach via traditional grid infrastructure.

The products will have a significant impact on the lives of those Bboxx supports, be that allowing a child to study at home, allowing a vendor to continue trading after dark, or allowing remote communities to stay connected by charging their devices.

Through the launch of Flexx by Bboxx, the company will build on the momentum of its ongoing expansion and serve a wider array of customers. At present, the majority of the underserved rural population still needs access to a reliable energy source. 

We are passionate about our mission to address the major global problem of energy poverty. The scale of the issue is vast, with 759 million people living without access to energy, of which 570 million are in Africa. We are therefore delighted to be expanding our product offering to include even more flexible and affordable solutions for customers struggling to get onto the energy ladder.

—said Mansoor Hamayun, CEO and Co-Founder of Bboxx.

"We are confident that Flexx by Bboxx will significantly aid us in transforming the lives of millions in the developing world, powering the energy needs of individuals, families, emerging businesses, and wider communities. Energy is the key to unlocking inclusive and sustainable economic development on a global scale, and we look forward to seeing the positive impact Flexx by Bboxx will have on this new pool of underserved customers."

Solar Lighting Solution by Bboxx to Rural Communities
Photo: Twitter @BBOXX_HQ

To date, Bboxx has successfully delivered clean energy solutions for over 2 million people globally, with substantial operations in countries including Rwanda, Kenya, Togo, and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Many of these products are aimed at the top 25% of rural communities. Flexx by Bboxx will help the company to reach the other 75%. It will first launch in Rwanda and Kenya before expanding to other Bboxx markets in subsequent months, including in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Solar & Storage Live MENA 2024May 29 - May 30, 2024New Cairo, Egypt
Solar & Storage Live is a leading renewable energy event in the MENA region. This gathering brings together utilities, IPPs, financiers, government and industry stakeholders to explore a series of…
More Details >

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pop-up Subscribe Header

Subscribe to get updates delivered to your inbox.

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram